- Building safe, healthy, and affordable structures using locally sourced natural materials while incorporating traditional wisdom with modern adaptations.
- Developing resiliency in communities by providing hands-on training to Nicaraguans.
- Focused on improving the lives of the Nicaraguan women and youth populations.
Our Guiding Principles
Integrating respect of culture while encouraging positive advancement of community skills through hands-on education.
- To increase the use of earth and natural building techniques.
- Providing cost-effective sustainable solutions and hands-on educational opportunities.
- To be a vehicle for reclaiming and modernizing traditional building skills.
- Sharing of introductory skills to a multidisciplinary and socially diverse group.
- The facilitation of intercultural and inter-generational exchange in order to broaden the scope of learning and expand reach and impact.
- The transference of technical skills and hands-on learning, along with education of environmental effects of building practices.
- To coordinate the services of complementary organizations with similar visions and values in local, and in particular, rural communities. Local complementary groups will identify needs and request services.
- To provide opportunities for current builders, students of architecture, internal and foreign volunteers, and other interested parties in order to influence the direction of natural building with greater consistency, unity and support.
Please consider making a tax-deductible donation:
To make an ongoing monthly donation:
To learn more about Liz Johndrow and the Nicaragua Pueblo Project, visit their site at www.nicaraguapuebloproject.org.